Virginia Infection Prevention Training Center
The Virginia Infection Prevention Training Center (VIPTC) was created to meet the growing needs of healthcare and congregate care facilities in the areas of Infection Prevention and Control (IPC). Our goal is to work collaboratively with healthcare facilities and public health agencies in order to strengthen infection prevention and control expertise by providing universal IPC training to frontline providers. Education and training on these principles is essential to building capacity in facilities and state agencies in Virginia and beyond.
Learn, Network, Teach
- Learn at your level, for your specific healthcare facility via online or in-person courses
- Attend special topic webinars targeting current events of concern to infection prevention in Virginia and beyond
- Identify infection prevention (IP) needs of your facility and gaps in existing IP education
- Train to be an educator in IP for your organization
- Engage in a collaborative community with your peers via our mailing list and/or discussion board
Current IP issues and just-in-time training to address issues of high importance in Virginia and beyond
- Basic IPC Training
- Intermediate IPC Training
- Advanced IPC Training
- Specialty-specific Training
Content posted within VIPTC is made possible by funding from the Healthcare-associated Infections and Antimicrobial Resistance (HAI/AR) Program within the Virginia Department of Health.